AgileRates.com is a free insurance marketplace that provides real-time quotes for car and home insurance. It connects more than 200,000 customers per year to the lowest rates from its 70+ insurance partners. According to AgileRates, the majority of its users are eligible for savings of up to 40% on their current car insurance premium.
Pros and Cons
Of all the online auto insurance marketplaces on the web, AgileRates.com has one of the slickest-looking websites. The website is easy to navigate, and users can find transparent information on how AgileRates works and who operates it. Best of all, the site is optimized for mobile, making it just as easy to apply for quotes from your smartphone or tablet as from your desktop.
Like other comparison sites, the most obvious downside is that AgileRates.com doesn’t actually underwrite insurance products. AgileRates.com exists to connect customers with the lowest rates from more than 70 insurance partners. Going through an intermediary like AgileRates may seem like an inconvenience. However, it is actually a good thing because it enables the user to compare multiple insurers in one place instead of requesting quotes from each insurer separately.
Types of Auto Insurance
Through its partnering insurers, AgileRates.com hooks its users up with all the standard forms of vehicle insurance. Minimum coverage requirements vary from state to state, which is why it’s a good thing that AgileRates works with big, nationwide insurers that operate in every state.
- Bodily Injury Liability. This covers all expenses related to bodily injuries suffered by other drivers when you are at fault.
- Property Damage Liability. This covers all expenses related to damage of another person’s property when you are at fault.
- Collision. Covers expenses related to vehicle repair and replacement if your vehicle is damaged in a collision, regardless of who was at fault.
- Comprehensive. Covers repairs and replacement if your vehicle suffers damage in a non-collision incident such as fire, flood, vandalism, theft, or hitting an animal.
- Medical Payments / Personal Injury Protection. Covers medical and rehabilitation expenses, and in some cases lost wages for you and any passengers, no matter who was at fault.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist. Covers the other driver’s liabilities if they are uninsured or underinsured.
Because it works with so many top insurers, AgileRates.com is able to connect its users with all sorts of additional features. Common add-ons include: emergency roadside assistance, rental reimbursement, gap coverage, and rideshare coverage. Many of AgileRates’ partners also offer coverage for less-common types of vehicles such as boats, RVs, trailers, and commercial vehicles.
AgileRates’ partners offer many opportunities for discounts and rewards, including:
- Good driver discount
- Good student discount
- Multiple vehicle discount
- Senior citizen / retired driver discount
- Military discount
- Homeowners discount / multiple policy discount
- Reduction for installing safety or anti-theft device
- Reduction for taking a driver education or driver safety course
How to Apply
Applying to AgileRates.com is much the same as applying to a direct insurance provider, except that at the end the user qualifies for multiple policies. To get started, head to the AgileRates.com home page, find the quote widget, select car insurance, enter your zip code, and click “Start my quote”. Enter information about your vehicle, then enter information about yourself including name and contact details. On the first page, you will be given the opportunity to add additional vehicles at a 25% discount. On the last page, AgileRates will display suitable car insurance providers in your area. Select your preferred insurance policy to complete the application.
Filing a Claim
AgileRates.com acts only as an agent and isn’t a licensed insurance provider. Thanks to AgileRates.com, users can find suitable insurance companies in their area. Once you have found and signed with one of AgileRates’ partners, all correspondence goes through that company. Most of the insurance companies AgileRates.com works with offer flexibility when it comes to submitting a claim. Some accept claims by phone, others by email, and others over the internet or a mobile app. Some insurers allow customers to file claims via all of the above methods.
AgileRates.com is primarily an online platform but the good news is it also offers personal customer service. New users can reach the AgileRates.com team by phone during regular business hours to get assistance with finding the best rates. After you call AgileRates, an agent will ask you questions about yourself and the vehicles you’re looking to insure. Th agent will take a couple of minutes to look over your information before presenting you with the best vehicle coverage options in your area.
- Phone: 1-833-420-5459
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: AgileRates, LLC, 890 South Dixie Highway, Coral Gables, FL 33146